To lead and regulate the profession in a manner that protects and serves the public through excellence in Practical Nursing.
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) are trusted partners and valued professionals who anticipate the changing needs in the population and lead changes in the healthcare system in collaboration with other professionals.
- LPNs are valued as an integral partner in a quality system.
- LPNs advocate for health and wellness strategies for Albertans.
- LPNs practice evidence-informed nursing, education, research, management and administration.
- LPNs embrace change that serves the best interests of the public and a quality healthcare system.
- LPNs are innovative and collaborative leaders.
- LPNs enhance competencies and evolve to meet the changing needs of the population.
- LPNs are recognized by the public as professional nurses providing excellent client care.
MISSION FOR THE PROFESSION
Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta are progressive nursing professionals who provide quality, safe, competent, and ethical care in collaboration with clients, families and other providers.
- LPNs provide holistic person-centred care including physical, psychosocial and spiritual health.
- LPNs advocate for and respect client choice and dignity.
- LPNs are accountable for the care they provide.